Act Coordinators, ready to sign up for an audition?
Please note, act signups for the 2019 Variety Show are now closed.
This is a variety (not talent) show so we welcome all K-5 students, faculty, and staff that have something fun to share! You may perform individually or as a group. If you want to perform in a group, and you don’t have a group of people in mind, fill out this form and we will do our best to find you a group!
This is a great opportunity to meet students from multiple grade levels and gain experience working in a group. And it culminates in a FUN performance in front of a very supportive audience! Proceeds from the show will be donated to a charity voted on by our K-5 students.
- Each student in K-5 may perform in ONE act (group or individual performance).
- Each act must have one adult Act Coordinator. The Act Coordinator serves as the liaison between the Variety Show Committee and the act participants. The majority of the correspondence is done via email so the Act Coordinator must supply a valid and active email address. The Act Coordinator also coordinates supervision of their participants(s) during rehearsals and the final show.
- Acts with 1 -3 students may not exceed 2 minutes.
- Acts with 4 or more students may not exceed 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Act size is limited to 25 participants.
- Song lyrics must be appropriate for a K-5 audience. Please review the lyrics carefully before selecting a song for the act. We may request a printed copy of the lyrics at the audition.
- Acts not supplying details on the music, costumes, props, microphone and stage requirements will not be eligible for an audition. This information must be supplied on the audition form.
- Audition dates are Tuesday, October 23rd, and Wednesday, October 24th, between 3:30 and 6:00 p.m. in the Multi-Purpose Room. Audition times can be signed up for on Sign up Genius (please see link after you submit your form).
- Acts must be complete (but not perfected) for the audition.
- No large props or costumes for the audition.
- The Variety Show Committee reserves the right to modify an act, including shortening the length of the act as needed.